A multipurpose analytical instrument combining the separation afforded by Gas Chromatography with the very sensitive detection of Ion Mobility Spectrometry.
This is a perfect instrument when rapid, sensitive, accurate and quantitative analysis of gas samples is needed.
The GC-IMS has the following features:
- Very fast, returning an analysis result within minutes
- Rugged and robust, can be operated in tough environments
- No need for helium or vacuum pumps, works at atmospheric pressure with CO2 or nitrogen gas.
- Extremely sensitive to low ppbv or even pptv level
- Suitable to be deployed in-line, at-line or standalone
- Integrated software can be interacted with on the instrument or data moved to a PC for further analysis
For further information on GC-IMS technology please download this GC-IMS technical note.
For more information on this product or for any questions please contact us.
There are many applications for our GC-IMS instrument, and this area will in future contain extensive information on applications, application notes, feasibility studies and articles.
Some of the most notable applications are:
- Identification and quantification of siloxanes in biogas generation
- Air safety in industrial environments (aluminium industry, chemical and explosive manufacturing, etc.)
- Identification and quantification of natural gas odours
- Early identification and quantification of H2S in gas and oil exploration
|Working principle||Ion Mobility Spectrometry with chromatographic pre-separation|
|Ionisation method||Radioactive ß-radiation|
|Activity||300 MBq, below the exemption limit of 1 GBq acc.to EURATOM guideline, no licence necessary|
|Column type||Multi Capillary Column (MCC), type depending on application|
|Sampling||Heated electrical 6-port-valve (stainless steel), Gas tight loop (1-10 mL)|
|Start-up time||5 minutes|
|Spectra analysis time||Few seconds|
|Detection limits||Typically in the low ppbv-range|
|Dynamic range||Typically 1-3 order of magnitude|
|Display||6.4” TFT, VGA-display|
|Input unit||Rotary pulse encoder, ESC- push-button|
|Processor||400 MHz x-Scale|
|Data acquisition||Ultra fast ADIO-board|
|Data processing||X-Board / Baseboard|
|Data storage||Min. 1GB compact-flash memory or USB-Stick|
|Communication||RS232, USB, Ethernet|
|Electrical connectors||2 x D-Sub 9-pole (for modem, console) D-Sub 15-pole (for external devices) RJ45 (for digital modem or SSH) 2 x USB-A|
|Power supply||100 – 240 V AC, 50-60 Hz (external) 24 V DC / 5A, XLR-connector (internal)|
|Power consumption||< 120 Watt|
|Dimensions||449 x 375 x 177 mm or 17.7“ x 14.8“ x 7.0“ (WxDxH)|
|Weight||15,5 kg or 34,2 lb|
|Housing||19” compatible, IP 20 enclosure, EMC certified)|
|Cooling||Axial ventilator, speed control temperature related, max. 5,5 m3/h|
|Gas connectors||3 mm stainless steel Swagelok connectors for drift gas inlet, sample gas in- and outlet, carrier gas inlet and IMS gas outlet)|
If you need any more information please complete the form below:
- Are you interested in the price of the GC-IMS?
- Would you like to organize for a demonstration or feasibility study?
- Do you have some samples you would like us to run for you?
Leave us your details and we will contact you with the information that you need: