Our BreathSpec® instrument has the potential to detect COVID-19.
This test is in development. It is designed to be:
- Completely non-invasive, with no swabs or other invasive sample collection methods used;
- Rapid, with results produced within a few minutes of the test;
- Easily accessible, with no reagents or other expensive or scarce consumables required;
- Very cost effective. No expensive consumables or reagents are required and it has a very low cost per test;
- Deployable not only at hospitals and doctor surgeries, but also in the wider community (for example at transportation hubs, nursing homes, military personnel health monitoring, schools and educational institutions);
- Can be operated by non-expert personnel
Our technology has the potential to help to safely reopen the economy through affordable mass community testing that gives immediate test results. The instrument does not need a laboratory setting but can be portable (e.g. on the back of a vehicle). It can be operated by non-specialist personnel.
The Lancet has just published a feasibility study with our latest COVID-19 results. Read more here