Imspex Diagnostics is bringing rapid, point-of-care breath analysis testing to the forefront as the next-generation modality of healthcare diagnostics.
Imspex Medical is the division within Imspex Diagnostics that is carrying out the necessary development and commercialisation activities to do this. With a Management team that is experienced in medical technology and diagnostics development and commercialisation, Imspex Medical has its focus firmly set on delivering breath analysis using GC-IMS technology as a cutting edge and timely technology to detect and diagnose the presence of disease using exhaled breath samples.
The Imspex Group has employed €6.5Mn to date to develop the detection and medical diagnostic applications of our technology through a combination of external fundraising, grants and revenues generated elsewhere in the business. A further €8.5Mn was invested in fundamental research prior to that.
A further round of Series A fundraising is now underway to finalise processes to obtain regulatory approvals, finish biomarker validation studies and set commercial arrangements in place to take the technology to market.
Discussions with potential strategic investors and clinical- and commercial partners will include:
- Discussions with strategic investors:
- Accelerating delivery of a Covid-19 platform as a first point of market entry
- Promoting collaborations for exploratory investigations for a further three potential applications for Imspex’s GC-IMS platform
- Discussions with clinical partners:
- Accelerating our biomarker studies and follow-on clinical sample validation in real-time in point-of-care contexts
- Discussions with global diagnostic and commercial partners:
- Accelerating manufacture and distribution of breath analysis and biofluid analysis to reach point-of-care contexts more quickly