FlavourSpec® is the ideal instrument for the analysis of the headspace of liquid and solid samples.
The simplicity of use and ability to handle multiple samples in automation make the FlavourSpec® an innovative and trend setting
It is ideal for solving analytical questions in applications that involve headspace analysis from biofluid samples.
The instrument configuration consists of a GC column coupled to an IMS detector to allow fast and enhanced selectivity of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in the headspace of solid and liquid samples.
Main features and benefits:
- Speed of analysis, with typical analysis lasting 3-7 minutes.
- Operates at atmospheric pressure and without a need for Helium.
- The automatic headspace injector allows the fully automatic handling of multiple samples, including sample preparation such as heating up and mixing.
- Extreme sensitivity, on the ppt to low ppb range
- Includes GAS’s in-house data acquisition, analysis and visualization software LAV.
- The software features include:
- Matching of peak patterns with sensory-wise defined flavours
- Classification of unknown samples and characterization of, for example, their quality.
- Quantification of specific peaks for automatic concentration determination
For more information contact us.
Food, beverage, Flavours and Fragrance industries
- Control of storage conditions
- Food freshness (determine the freshness of foods with a very quick analysis at the storage facility)
- Control of production process (understand how flavours and aromas evolve during your production process)
- Process optimisation
- Flavour evaluation and flavour stability
- Test of raw materials
- Product authentication (distinguish different product grades, different DOCs, etc.)
- Fully automated application for determination of levels of diacetyl and pentandione in beer – control your brewing process and determine your brewing endpoint
- Counterfeiting detection and authenticity analysis of food and beverage products
- Analysis of the headspace of liquid samples. Quickly measure volatiles, even at trace levels, in biofluid samples (blood, urine, sputum)
Click on the below for downloadable application notes:
- Headspace analysis of tea
- Impartial analyser for coffee quality
- Analysing the flavour and blend of olive oil
- Characterization of wine
- Soy sauce characterization
|Working principle||Ion Mobility Spectrometry (IMS)|
|Ionisation||ß-radiation source (Tritium (3H))|
|Activity||300 MBq, below the exemption limit of 1 GBq,
|Drift voltage polarity||Positive and negative, switchable|
|Sampling||Automatic GC headspace injector|
|Detection limit||Low ppbv|
|Dynamic range||1-3 orders of magnitude|
|Display||6.4″ TFT, VGA-Display|
|Input unit||Rotary pulse encoder|
|Processor||400 MHz X-scale|
|Data acquisition||Ultra-fast ADIO-board|
|Data processing||X-board / Baseboard|
|Data storage||2 GB Compact-Flash|
|Communication||RS232, USB, Ethernet|
|Electrical connectors||2 x D-Sub 9-pole (for modem,
console), D-Sub 15-pole (for external devices), RJ45 (for
digital modem or SSH), 2 x USB-A
|Power supply||100-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz (external supply),
24 V DC / 5A, XLR-connector (internal)
|Power consumption||< 180 Watt|
|Dimensions||449 x 375 x 177 mm (WxDxH)|
|Housing||19″ compatible, IP 20 enclosure, EMC certificated|
|Gas connectors||3 mm stainless steel Swagelok connectors
for gas in- and outlet
If you need any more information please complete the form below:
- Are you interested in the price of the FlavourSpec®?
- Would you like to organise for a demonstration or feasibility study?
- Do you have some samples you would like us to run for you?
Leave us your details and we will contact you with the information that you need: